Integrity in safety means ensuring we “do the right thing” every day, which leads to preventing injury and providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees, contractors, and visitors. Our Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) Policy is a direct reflection of that value and our commitment to a safe workplace.
Mines are dynamic and complex working environments. Heavy vehicles and equipment are in continuous use to move material, and potentially hazardous chemicals are used to extract minerals from ore. Put simply, gold mining can be high risk, and failure to implement robust safety standards and procedures can result in damage to equipment, serious injury to people, and even loss of life.
This means we:
- Provide a healthy and safe workplace.
- Identify and control workplace hazards and risks.
- Develop emergency action plans.
- Train and engage our workforce.
- Monitor and aim for continuous improvement.
- Maintain and continuously improve an exemplary culture of health and safety.